The introduction of one man fuelling operations and the increasing number of high wing aircraft means the use of lightweight refuelling steps has become essential for operations that don’t have vehicles with platform capability.
FSL offer 3 standard sizes of elevating refuelling steps. Manufactured from aluminium and stainless steel to combine strength and corrosion resistance and with the highest quality of construction and welding. Steps are fitted with a hydraulically operated elevating platform and a choice of single or twin refuelling hoses. Standard sizes are:
- A380 Deck height range from 2690mm to 3730mm in the fully elevated position.
- 777 Deck height range of 2130mm to 3170mm in the fully elevated position.
- 757 Deck height range of 1520mm to 2120mm in the fully elevated position.
All refuelling steps include the following features:
- Lightweight and robust construction
- High quality materials and welding
- Easily manoeuvrable for positioning under the wing.
- No reduction in flow rate or refuelling performance
- Suitable for towing at up to 25 mph.
- Can be used elevated in 60 kph winds.